VMware Cloud Community
kujeter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Planning and Capacity reporting

I'm probably missing something here but how do you agrigate Planning data such as Virtual Machine Capacity at the cluster level into one display? I want to be able to show this data (well any really) for each cluster in the "single plain of glass view". I've been digging through the custom ui widgets and don't see an easy way to do this.

Basicly the attached report on a dash board with multiple sources, being each cluster.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Something like the atatched ?

0 Kudos
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Everytime I ATTEMPT to use the generic scoreboard widget I get the error "please select valid range" regardless of what I select. i have 502 770497 vapp. What item is the valid range referring too, because so far I havent figured it out.

0 Kudos
jddias
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The "valid range" refers to the boundaries for the color changes.  It is expecting those ranges in a certain format.

For example, I have a metric I want to score from 1 - 100 with

Green = 1 - 30

Yellow = 30 - 50

Orange = 50 - 80

Red = 80 - 100

I would configure the resource as follows:

Green 30

Yellow 30-50

Orange 50-80

Red 80

If you wish you ranges to go high to low (80 - 100 is green) then start in the reverse order.

Visit my blog for vCloud Management tips and tricks - http://www.storagegumbo.com
0 Kudos
vkaranam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Jddias

Where can i configure these ranges. This is the only widget i cant configure form long time. How can i set up those numbers you are explaining about.

Thanks

VK

0 Kudos
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Jddias...thanks for screenshot and tip. Those ranges are a pain to config, but at least I got a few working. Thanks.

0 Kudos
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Vk,

once you select the metric it moves to the bottom window called selected metrics, then you have to fill in the boxes for Box Label, Measurement Unit and the ranges by yourself. It finally clicked in place for me just now.

0 Kudos
vkaranam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Service Optimi,

You dont know from how long i am waiting to configure these ranges. I am cracking my head where to enter the details and its a simple double click in the box. its embrassing .... Thanks very much for everybody for this solution.

Thanks

VK

0 Kudos
kujeter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sort of. I was hoping to be able to the number of VMs remining from the capasity report and not just the days remaining. Is there a way to actually piece meal a report together from various planning views so the results can all be exported as one report?  This forum needs a "You show me yours and I'll show you mine" section for templates and dashboards that people are building.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

U can see what I have done at  : www.virtualclouds.co.za

I have a few examples of widges that I created.

0 Kudos