VMware Cloud Community
paessensd
Contributor
Contributor

New VM's added to vCenter

Hello,

I known that when we install vCOPS, it's best to let it run for a 2-3 weeks before configuring any alarms.

Because it can be very noisy when detecting anomalies and so on.

But what could be the best practices if we want to add for example 50 extra VM's with different workloads.

Can we put them apart for a sometime, before really monitoring them (Sending alerts and so on).

What's recommended to do in this case.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vcpguy
Expert
Expert

I am not expert in vCOPS but the way, I look at it - deploy it and don't use it for few days and then start using it.

The analytics in vCOPS use different components to make a suggestion, which also includes workloads. So it will take into consideration your heavy workloads.

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos
paessensd
Contributor
Contributor

It's correct if you start to use the vCOPS. But once it's production it's a bit annouying to have alerts on systems which are just deployed.

Received the rumor that in the next version is will be handled on a certain way. but not in the current 5.0

Daniel

0 Kudos