VMware Cloud Community
AEsansun2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Netapp Installation adapter - gives error There is no AliveServer Component Installed.

When running the install for the netapp adapter , i get the following error message

"There is no AliveServer Component Installed.

Installation will terminated."

Is there something i am missing for this installation ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

What version vC Ops are you running? vApp or Standalone?

Is this a upgraded environment? Your environment variables might be messed up from a bad upgrade.. I've seen times when you go in and can't run ./psql as a symptom when you SSH/console in and run, su postgres, then ./psql can't be found.. among other things.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

What version vC Ops are you running? vApp or Standalone?

Is this a upgraded environment? Your environment variables might be messed up from a bad upgrade.. I've seen times when you go in and can't run ./psql as a symptom when you SSH/console in and run, su postgres, then ./psql can't be found.. among other things.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
AEsansun2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

OK, i got the answer .. from your question. Since I installed Vapp mode, I had to go to admin page/ update and load the .pak file from there. And the rest was taken care of by itself.

thank you,

0 Kudos