VMware Cloud Community
greco827
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Need to create a report at the datacenter level that summarizes each cluster

I've created quite a few reports of varying kinds, layered in multiple views, and used filters to only show me specific data.  However, I cannot find a way to summarize or breakdown a report by a child resource.

To be specific, I am looking to pull some information on datastores at the datacenter or vCenter level, which groups by cluster.  Currently, I can obviously pull 53 different reports and obtain this data on a per cluster basis, but what I'd like to be able to do is have a summary of each cluster in a single report.  Currently, the report is perfectly functional from vCenter down to a host, but it displays each individual datastore, and the only summary I can give is of everything aggregated together, and there isn't any indication of which datastores are in which clusters.

Is there any way to achieve this?

I would like the report to simply look like:

Datacenter

Cluster 1

Datastores

Summary

Cluster 2

Datastores

Summary

and so on ....

I'm currently on vROps 6.1.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful https://communities.vmware.com/people/greco827/blog
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You can do things with the Summary views, and bubble up some stats using Supermetrics in some cases, but the nesting capabilities are a bit limited today in terms of visually nesting data in the views. What kind of data from the datastores are you trying to show?

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You can do things with the Summary views, and bubble up some stats using Supermetrics in some cases, but the nesting capabilities are a bit limited today in terms of visually nesting data in the views. What kind of data from the datastores are you trying to show?

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
greco827
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I just want to show all of our datastores globally which have 15% or less capacity remaining.  I created a report that shows this just fine and can be run from the World down to a host, but there is no identification or separation of which cluster or datacenter a datastore belongs to.

The snippet of the report shown below has all the data I want for this particular report, but has no segregation by datacenter or cluster.  Assuming the datastores displayed below were from 2 different datacenters and 4 different clusters, I'd like them broke down as such (1 or the other would be fine) and summarized by each, rather than by the World.

Obviously I can run a report for each DC or cluster, but that would result in a ton of reports.

DatastoreCapacityReport.jpg

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful https://communities.vmware.com/people/greco827/blog
0 Kudos