VMware Cloud Community
benjamin000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Moving VMware Integrated OpenStack vApp

We have added new upgraded hosts to our Management Cluster and want to remove the host that currently hosts our VIO vApp.

We are running VIO 3.0 and use NSX 6.2.0

We successfully vMotion vCenter to the new host from the old one but there does not seem to be a way to so this same with the vApp. We can migrate the VMs but will this break the vApp.

What would be the best way to move this vApp without it breaking anything?

Regards Ben McGuire
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
benjamin000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just  quick update for those attempting this.

I bite the bullet and vmontioned the two VMs in the vApp. As  I was moving the vApp VMs to a different host in the same cluster it is a simple matter of migrating both VMs. No need to shutdown the vApp.

Just be sure the host you are moving it to has the same networking config but this should not be a problem as any host in the same cluster would have the same network config anyway.

Regards Ben McGuire

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
benjamin000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just  quick update for those attempting this.

I bite the bullet and vmontioned the two VMs in the vApp. As  I was moving the vApp VMs to a different host in the same cluster it is a simple matter of migrating both VMs. No need to shutdown the vApp.

Just be sure the host you are moving it to has the same networking config but this should not be a problem as any host in the same cluster would have the same network config anyway.

Regards Ben McGuire
0 Kudos