VMware Cloud Community
PDempsey
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Metric configuration thresholds not functioning correctly

Within vrops I have created a dashboard that is supposed to tell us if vApps deployed on our infrastructure adhere to resource limits we have supplied to users. If a resource is above a specific threshold it colors it appropriately see the image below:

dashboard.PNG

This functions perfectly for no. of VM's and no. of vCPUs but not for memory allocated or storage allocated.

When I apply a red limit of 80 for memory allocated for example, regardless of the memory allocated on any vApp it displays as red:

dashboard2.PNG

Below is how my xml for the metric configuration for the dashboard is configured. Which I believe to be correct:

xml.PNG

Anyone have any ideas on where I'm going wrong? I'd really like this to function correctly as it would be of huge use to us day to day.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I think you need to specify the unit in the metric XML.  Try changing unit="" to unit="gb".  It is probably defaulting to MB to check the threshold even though it displays in GB.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I think you need to specify the unit in the metric XML.  Try changing unit="" to unit="gb".  It is probably defaulting to MB to check the threshold even though it displays in GB.

0 Kudos
PDempsey
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This is correct! Functioning as intended now. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos