VMware Cloud Community
BattleNerd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Maintenance Schedules and Active Policies

Hello All!

Please bear w/ me as I try to explain this:

Environment: 1 Cluster multiple hosts, we have backup windows nightly from 6p-1a and weekend full's kick off Friday 6pm last till Sunday 3am.

I'm not sure the best approach on this, i'm wishing to be able to create Maintenance Schedules so that we can exclude metrics during these times as it skews reports for us.

I know i can assign a single Maintenance Schedule, but my problem is I need to apply 2....

Because I ran into this roadblock, I went and decided well maybe I can create 2 Policies assign each Schedule to each policy, and apply those policies to a custom group i created.....

Well, I guess you can't apply multiple policies to the same group (which makes sense), but how can I go about doing this? I can't be the only client wanting to exclude a couple time periods of data in a work week.

If this is by design, I can live with that, but if anyone has a way i can accomplish this, that would be great.

Thank You all, and MTFBWY Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
virtualg_uk
Leadership
Leadership

How long has vROps been running in your environment & what version are you running?

After 1-2 months we frequently see that the dynamic thresholds become more in-tune with backups etc so will understand this kind of activity as normal and not alert on it during those times. I've therefore not had any need to put in maintenance windows on any deployment of 6.x to date.

Graham | User Moderator | https://virtualg.uk
0 Kudos