VMware Cloud Community
clabman
Contributor
Contributor

Limit user access environment in VCOPS

Hi ,

I am working with VCOPS 5.7 for testing purposes.

My need is to provide to a user a dashboard where he can monitor his own environment. I don't want him to access all VCOPS world.

Is there a way to limit access to an environment in VCOPS ?

I have tried to create a custom dashboard where my user can only see his own environment, but he has always access to resource parents, so he is able to access all my world.

Have you any idea, workaround, about this problem ? 

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
clabman
Contributor
Contributor

Found the solution.

In your vcenter you can assign role "vcenter operation manager user" to a user and then i will be able to connect to vcops-vsphere and he gonna see only authorized items.

0 Kudos
Alexander_Dimi1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yeah, for vsphere-ui this will work. Actually this is the recommended solution for authorization to objects for vsphere-ui.

I thought that in your original question you are refering to the custom-ui dashboards. You cannot use VC users to log into custom UI unless you import them as Active Directory users. Also you don't have permissions checking based on VC permissions in the custom ui.

Thanks,

Alex D.

0 Kudos
clabman
Contributor
Contributor

Yes that's I was trying to do, but I found that this is not possible for now.... What a pity ! Smiley Sad Hope it will be possible in next release.

Do you know if there is a way to customize the vsphere dashboard ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

0 Kudos