VMware Cloud Community
fongyi
Contributor
Contributor

How to provide "aggregate" view of customized datastore super matrix ?

Hi everyone,

I  just create a simple super matrix for Datastore utilization on those individual datastore ( i.e. Used space / Total space ) .

image1.jpg

If I used the default generic scoreboard / dashboard, basically it will just display each individual datastore utilization %  in an "per datastore view".

image2.jpg

My cluster is having many datastore and listing all individual datastore util % is not going to help me to get a high level picture.

I want to show it as an "Average util % per cluster / per datacentre" level, how can I do that ?

Thx.

Bgds,

Gordon

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Applying to the cluster.. this would be the enumerated formula. The SM sits at the cluster level, then drops 2 degrees of separation down the datastores under the hosts.

ceil( (avgN(Datastore: Disk Space|Total used (GB),2)/avgN(Datastore: Disk Space|Capacity (GB),2))*100)

I'm using a looping functions dropping 2 levels on the inside, then ceil to round up to a integer..

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
fongyi
Contributor
Contributor

HI Mark J,

Sorry don't quite follow, mind to share some screen capture for me to clear understand what matrix to select and where to apply the SM ? Thx.

Bgds,

Gordon

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Add the SM I gave you to a SM package. Apply that package to your cluster compute resources.

On the formula SM I gave you, use RKs and Attributes. As a reminder - do not use $This. No screenshots possible at the moment.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
TheRealPeterP
Contributor
Contributor

Hello folks,

I am trying to achieve the same as OP, preferably using vROps. As I am new to vROps, any suggestions (like screenshots) will be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Peter

0 Kudos