VMware Cloud Community
KRAEMS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to apply a policies and symptom definition changes

Hi - first time poster here, relatively new to vROps.  Version is 6.6.1 build 6163035

I want to apply some alert symptom definition changes in my environment, and despite making changes to the policy, with each collection, I am still seeing alerts based on the old symptom definitions.  Here is what I have done to try and achieve this:

• Inspected Administration > Polices > Active Policies, and noted the current active policy (there was only one active policy, with priority D)
  • Selected the current active policy in Administration > Polices > Policy Library and clicked 'Add New Policy'
  • Gave the policy a name, and description
  • Browsed to Alert/Symptom Definitions and filtered for the symptom definitions that interest me
    • set each symptom definition to be changed to State=Local, Condition=Override with a new threshold
  • Saved my changes

Now, I might have thought that any child customizations to the Default/Current active policy would be applied take precedence, but, subsequent collections still result in alerts based on the original symptom definition thresholds.  I've gone so far as to set my new policy as Default, making it the lone active policy, as it should have inherited all settings from the original active policy which was the default - but alerts continue to reflect the original symptom definition thresholds. 

Is it clear what I am missing, here?  I've been surfing videos for this topic on youtube for hours trying to clarify, but, no luck so far.  Let me know if I can provide more details... thanks. 

KRAEMS

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KRAEMS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

...oversight on my part - I now see alerts in accordance with the customized symptom definitions :smileysilly:

0 Kudos