VMware Cloud Community
schistad
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How can I change the license mode from standard to enterprise?

I recently purchased an upgrade of our vSphere licenses to Enterprise Plus with Operations Manager. This should entitle us to running Operations Manager in Enterprise mode, however that is not happening.

There doesn't seem to be a separate version of the vApp either, which has me wondering if I've misunderstood the "vSphere with Operations Manager" concept and we are infact not entitled to the full product after all?

The status page says:

Service Status:

Running

SSL Certificate Status:

Issued to VMware, Inc., Expires Aug 29 07:57:57 2039 GMT

License SKU:

VMware vSphere with Operations Management 5.5 Enterprise Plus

License Mode:

Standard

License Status:

Licensed

License vCenter Server:

vcenter.domain.org

License Capacity:

Infinite

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jddias
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

All editions of vSphere with Operations Management (vSOM) include vC Ops Standard.  So, even though you have vSphere Ent Plus, your entitlement is displaying correctly for vC Ops.

Visit my blog for vCloud Management tips and tricks - http://www.storagegumbo.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Are you sure that it includes vCops Enterprise? If I remember correctly this bundle includes vCops Standard.

But I could be wrong, to be sure, check with your VMware Partner.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
schistad
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So the correct name for the SKU should be: "vSphere Enterprise Plus with Operations Manager Standard" ? Interesting that they chose to swap things around like that then.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I honestly don't know, but I don't think there is a "vCenter Operations Manager Enterprise Plus", only Foundation, Standard, Advanced and Enterprise.

There is a vCenter Operations Suite however.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
jddias
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

All editions of vSphere with Operations Management (vSOM) include vC Ops Standard.  So, even though you have vSphere Ent Plus, your entitlement is displaying correctly for vC Ops.

Visit my blog for vCloud Management tips and tricks - http://www.storagegumbo.com
0 Kudos
schistad
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yeah, you seem to be right. But I still haven't been able to find a single product description which actually states this, and the actual naming of the SKU strongly implies that the feature editions of the two products are linked.

0 Kudos