VMware Cloud Community
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

HP Openview and VCOPS

Hi all,

I must implement a solution to integrate HP Openview with VCOPS. I don't know nothing about this adapter. Anyone can help me with documents, link for the download, etc?

Thank you very much!!!

Matrix

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You could do this with SNMP traps.. sending from vC Ops to Openview. After you install the SNMP MIBs on the Openview side, it's more of an Openview question.

SNMP is pretty well documented.. there's config for vSphere UI(/admin) and another config for the Custom UI (outbound alert handler).

These docs are avail from the standard vC Ops pub location out on VMW documentation.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You could do this with SNMP traps.. sending from vC Ops to Openview. After you install the SNMP MIBs on the Openview side, it's more of an Openview question.

SNMP is pretty well documented.. there's config for vSphere UI(/admin) and another config for the Custom UI (outbound alert handler).

These docs are avail from the standard vC Ops pub location out on VMW documentation.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Mark.J,

thank you for your answer. I have searched the HP Openview adapter for a lot of time, but nothing: it seems that it doesn't exists.

The SNMP-solution, I think, is the unique way for my problem (true?!). I know that it's more of an Openview question that must filter SNMP traps.

Thank you very much.

Matrix

0 Kudos
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Mark.J,

excuse me... But If I want to see info FROM HP Openview?? This is why I'have searched for the vCOPS Adapter...

Matrix

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You'd be searching for a SNMP adapter, not a HP OpenView adapter. The SNMP adapter isn't meant to collect from every device in your environment, but it's decent for getting data from a few key sources.

This can be found in the vC Ops Custom UI Admin guide, and specifics/.PAK can be found here:

ftp://ftp.integrien.com/VCOPS-Third_Party_Tool_Adapters/SNMP/

Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Mark.J,

thank you... But I don't understand why in vCOPS manuals the HP Openview adapter is mentioned... It seems that doesn't exists.

Best regards 😉

Matrix

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Openview has a lot of integration points. We had an older adapter for Openview that did some of the basics, but it's getting updated as to my understanding and will get re-released in the future.

Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for your patience... I have understood now. The question is more clear now....

Matrix

0 Kudos
santiagora
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @mark.j, just for clarification. The only integration we have right now for vCOP 5.8.3 and HP OVO is through SNMP traps, right?

Regards,

Santiago.-

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

As far as I know, however every week it seems a new MP is getting released (it seems). We've been working with partners as well as internally on developing+updating MPs, so keep an eye on solutions exchange for new MPs.

0 Kudos