VMware Cloud Community
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

End points monitoring with vROPs

Hi everyone,

We have installed the MP Operating Systems / Remote Service Monitoring, but in fact it has no object in the inventory:

Captuddre.PNG

I would like to know; how to enable it ?

Will this MP allow us to monitor the hosted applications in the VMs ?

Thank you very much.

Regards.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

If you want to monitor the VMs using the agent you need to install it to them all. We are packaging it up for silent install and automated deployments using SCCM to 14000 VMs. If you are looking to monitor a lot of vms the you need to make sure you have designed you vrops environment to cope with it. Monitoring using the vcenter adapter and the eops adapter as well added a lot of overhead.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
McMichen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Have you installed the End Point agent on the VM you want to monitor?

0 Kudos
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have too many VMs to monitor. Is the agent installable on vrops Nodes direclty ? Is there any other way?

Thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Once you install the End Point Operations agent into vms it will populate that list. It will then allow you to monitor some applications. The agent can also be installed on physical servers as well as long as you have enough licences

eops list.png

McMichen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It is my understanding that the Windows or Linux End Point agent is a push to vROPs. Not that vROPs will pull it from your VMs. You'll need to push the Agent out using something like SCCM.

sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

If you want to monitor the VMs using the agent you need to install it to them all. We are packaging it up for silent install and automated deployments using SCCM to 14000 VMs. If you are looking to monitor a lot of vms the you need to make sure you have designed you vrops environment to cope with it. Monitoring using the vcenter adapter and the eops adapter as well added a lot of overhead.

Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Could you please tell me if I can relate the application with the VM where it is hosted?

0 Kudos
McMichen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You can create an Application Group - Environment | Applications | Application Tab. You can add the resource(s) to that group and see workload, anomalies, and stress scores for that group of resources.

Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Sxnxr;

Could you please tell me, does the agent takes another vrops licence or it uses the same licence of the VM ?

Thank you.

Regards.

0 Kudos