VMware Cloud Community
Patuk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Disk Space Metrics

Starting to get my head around VROPS and the DataCentre Manager has asked me to generate a report on all the LUNS in the Datastore object giving him:
Total disk space used 
Total disk space 
Total provisioned disk space

No problems says I as, when checking, these metrics exist
Diskspace|Total disk space used
Diskspace|Total disk space 
Diskspace|Total provisioned disk space 

So, create a view, Subject is 'vCenter Adapter - Datastore', get to Data, open up 'Disk Space' metric - none of the three above appear, however I can see other Disk Space metrics just fine.

Next step, maybe they're not being collected by the Default Policy, so open up Administration-> Policies -> Policy Library->Default Policy and find the three metrics just fine, made sure they are 'Local' (they were 'Inherited').

Still no metrics in the View.

I'm 100% sure I've missed something silly - anyone got a clue what ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Did this answer your question, then? If so, could you mark as answered so other people know? Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Showing up for me in vROps 6.6. Check the test view I've built. You saying you're not seeing *any* of those metrics? Even after selecting the Datastore object type?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
Patuk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for your prompt reply daphnissov.

I knew it would be me being stupid - and it is.

Your screenshot shows me that what the documentation calls 'Diskspace|Total provisioned disk space' with a key name of 'diskspace|total_provisioned' is actually labelled 'Provisioned Space'.

D'oh - my bad.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Did this answer your question, then? If so, could you mark as answered so other people know? Smiley Happy

0 Kudos