VMware Cloud Community
Travdaddy10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Disabling EP ops alerts through custom policy

For VM templates I'm trying to disable all alerting.I'm having troubles when it comes to disabling alerts for objects under the "EP Ops Adapter". I've been able to create a group to apply the custom policy that includes the EP Ops objects(the 2nd screenshot shows the inherited policy). I've even been able to confirm that in the new policy VM's has the alert "No data received for Linux Platform". Is there a chance the policy isn't working for EP Ops Objects because there's no option to select EP Ops objects when you are editing the policy like in my third screenshot?

vrops1.PNG

vrops2.PNG

vrops3.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Travdaddy10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So it turns out this is sort of a known issue. I had to restart the cluster for the new policy and overrides to work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Travdaddy10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So I was able to find the use the "Add settings for new set of objects" in Analysis Settings. In there I was able to add the epops adapter overrides. I've actually found areas where my override rules aren't taking affect on custom policies I've created. I also went into Alert definitions and locally disabled the rule that was firing. I'm still not having any luck having the custom policy enforce the override.

0 Kudos
Travdaddy10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So it turns out this is sort of a known issue. I had to restart the cluster for the new policy and overrides to work.

0 Kudos