VMware Cloud Community
drew1994yj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Custom Dashboards/widgets for vSphere Web Client?

Hey All,

I am testing vCOPS 5.7  in the lab and have a question:

Is it possible to create Custom Dashboards for users who login using the vSphere Web Client?

Or is it only possible to create Custom Dashboards when users login via the Custom-UI portal?

I have some users who will only log in using the vSphere Web Client.  Although the pre-built Dashboards are nice, I want to know if any degree of customization is possible.

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Dimi1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

It depends what exactly you want to customize, but in general vSphere UI as a whole is much less customizable than the Custom UI. It doesn't depends whether you access if through the vSphere Client or directly through the browser. The widgets in the vSphere  UI Dashboard are hard defined per object type. The most customizable part of vSphere UI is Analysis tab (Heatmap gallery).

Hope this helps,

Alex D.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alexander_Dimi1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

AFAIK only vSphere UI is available through vSphere Client.

drew1994yj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Alexander,

Does that mean that the vSphere-UI is not customizable (for the most part?)

It would make sense that only the "Custom UI" is customizable, but I thought I would ask.

Thanks,
Andrew

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Only the custom-ui is customisable

Alexander_Dimi1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

It depends what exactly you want to customize, but in general vSphere UI as a whole is much less customizable than the Custom UI. It doesn't depends whether you access if through the vSphere Client or directly through the browser. The widgets in the vSphere  UI Dashboard are hard defined per object type. The most customizable part of vSphere UI is Analysis tab (Heatmap gallery).

Hope this helps,

Alex D.

0 Kudos
drew1994yj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you all very much for the additional clarification!

Andrew

0 Kudos