VMware Cloud Community
FarasDewal
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Custom Dashboard not loading

Hi,

I am currently using vCOps version 5.7.1 (Adapter API)

I have created a custom dashboard with a custom relationship widget.

The dashboard provides a hierarchical view of the resources I am monitoring using vCOps.

Many a times a system under monitoring may not contain all of the resources selected to be displayed on the custom rel widget.

This leads to the dashboard not getting loaded/ imported. Upon importing the dashboard vCOps gives the exception "Not all key information was found in order to import the dashboard".

Your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks & Regards,

Faras Mohan Dewal

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You're talking about importing a dashboard in to vC Ops correct? The "not all key info" error will occur if there are statically or relatively defined resources or metrics that are used by the widget or dashboard, but don't exist in the vC Ops instance you're importing in to. You need to be purposeful in populating a widget with RK and Attributes if you expect it to import properly across differing vC Ops instances.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You're talking about importing a dashboard in to vC Ops correct? The "not all key info" error will occur if there are statically or relatively defined resources or metrics that are used by the widget or dashboard, but don't exist in the vC Ops instance you're importing in to. You need to be purposeful in populating a widget with RK and Attributes if you expect it to import properly across differing vC Ops instances.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos