VMware Cloud Community
tkutil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Configuring Notifications

I'm new to the product and trying to set up notifications that will send a text to my phone for only the most critical events. I created one that I thought would alarm when a host lost power. I pulled the plug on a host and never got a response in the GUI or via text.

Where can I get more training/information on creating notifications?

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ooajala
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What metric did you use for this event? Also take into consideration that there is a 5mins polling time within vROps.

--
*** If you like my response, please click "Like" below, if you think I answered your question to the best of my abilities, please mark post as Correct Answer ***

3x vROps Environments implemented across my organization. VDI vROPs 8.4 ::: Epic vROPs 8.4 ::: Shared vROPs 7.0
vROPs Adapters in use: EpicCare & Horizon View Adapter 2.1
0 Kudos
MichaelRyom
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The problems is probably what metric you expect to be triggered. From the screenshot, power sensor would report power related issues, one of two PSU pulled for example.

From what you write, you pulled the power to the host, so it has no power at all and therefore died. So how would power sensor in the host, be able to report anything back to you ? What you are likely looking for is the host being disconnected from vCenter. Unless you have some system that monitors the power supplied to the host, which can be used as a reliable source.

Blogging at https://MichaelRyom.dk
0 Kudos