VMware Cloud Community
savagea
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Alerting on specific VM Disks

We have Virtual Machines that have a C: as well as X:.  The X: by design is always full.  I'd like to be able to disable alerts for the X: drive, but not the C: drive.

Is this possible?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RaviMV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you getting Disk full alert ( on X Drive ) ?

0 Kudos
savagea
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm getting disk full alerts, I assume it's for the X: drive, but I don't see how to make VRops distinguish between the 2. 

0 Kudos
greco827
Expert
Expert

You might be able to accomplish this by setting up a custom Metric/Supermetric Symptom Definition.  If you chose to create a new one, chose Virtual AMchine as your base object type, then click on the Select Object icon.  This will allow you to chose a specific server.  Then you can chose the specific metric and set the alert sysmtoms on it.  I would think choosing Guest File System Usage (%) of the specific partition, and then setting the alert status to greater than 100% (which it can't be), would eliminate the alerts.

I don't have a good way of testing this, but it's probably worth a shot and takes about 5 mins.

vROps_CustomSymptom1.jpgvROps_SymptomDefinition2.jpg

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful https://communities.vmware.com/people/greco827/blog
0 Kudos
Dsanches
Contributor
Contributor

I have this exact issue, I tried your method and didnt work, maybe I´m doing something wrong because  I´m quite new on this tool.

When I create a new rule, this rule override the default ones? Or I have to remove them?

0 Kudos