VMware Cloud Community
Dryv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

6.7 and 7 Managing Same vCenter

Hello Forum

I know its possible to have 2 VROPS (6.7 & 7) collecting data from the same vCenter Server. When I try and setup VROPS 7 alongside my VROPS 6.7 I get the following:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vRealize Operations Manager Registration

This vCenter (my vC name) is already registsred with another instance of vRealize Oerations Manager

The registration process includes: register vCenter web client with this instance of vRealize Operations Manager to expose relevent informations within vCenter Web Client and push vRealize Operations Manager access control role into vCenter

Click 'Yes' to override the existing registration with this instance of vRealize Operations Manager

Click 'No' to cancel the registration of (mv vC name)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does this mean? If I select 'Yes' will the registration of my vCenter in VROPS 6.7 be affected? Or can I safely click 'Yes' and it will register my vCenter in 7 and not affect the current 6.7 which is working. I need my vCenter to continue working with 6.7 and also start working with 7.

dr-yv

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It means that inside vCenter (not vROps), whatever objects it publishes will only talk to that one vROps. In the latest versions of vROps and vCenter, those are dashboards on the home page.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What that's telling you is regarding the vROps extension registered to vCenter. You can only have one vROps registered as an extension, but you can have multiple vROps that still collect data from vCenter. The extension is only for viewing dashboards etc. inside vCenter and is not mandatory to collect from it.

0 Kudos
Dryv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

hello daphnissov

thanks for such a quick reply! Okay so both VROPS will be able to collect data from my vCenter, thats great! So now will the extension registration to one VROPS appliance mean I will only be able to view dashboards of my vCenter data from only one of my VROPS appliances?

dr-yv

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It means that inside vCenter (not vROps), whatever objects it publishes will only talk to that one vROps. In the latest versions of vROps and vCenter, those are dashboards on the home page.

0 Kudos
Dryv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

aaaaaahhhhhhh okay! that seems to make sense Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Where do you learn this kind of stuff? Do you have any reading material?

Thanks very much for such being so helpful

dr-yv

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Do you have any reading material?

The official product documentation and release notes Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Dryv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

i'm doing something very wrong because I couldnt find anything related to this. Thank you, I really appreciate you not telling me to RTFM as I honestly thought I had before posting.

0 Kudos