VMware Cloud Community
johanbd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

2 vRops collecting data from the same vcenter...??

Hi All,

I've deployed vRops 6.5 and already running collecting data from vcenter adapter for about a year. what i want to know is what happen if deployed another vRops 6.6 and connecting to the same vcenter. the question is :

1. will both vRops collect data from vCenter at the same time or not??

2. if not, let say i'm gonna migrate and only use newer vRops 6.6(replace the vRops 6.5). what happen to all data on old vRops 6.5??can i still access all the data??when the data on old vRops 6.5 will be purged if all the configuration is default??

any help would be appreciated, thanks Smiley Happy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Both vROps can collect data from the same vCenter at the same time.  After 6.6 has been running for a while you can stop the adapter instance on the 6.5 vROps and only use it for historical data or just keep both running until the 6.6 instance has enough historical data for you to decommission 6.5.  The default retention in 6.5 should be 6 months if I remember correctly.  You can change that in the global settings under Administration.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Both vROps can collect data from the same vCenter at the same time.  After 6.6 has been running for a while you can stop the adapter instance on the 6.5 vROps and only use it for historical data or just keep both running until the 6.6 instance has enough historical data for you to decommission 6.5.  The default retention in 6.5 should be 6 months if I remember correctly.  You can change that in the global settings under Administration.

johanbd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi dtaliafe​,

many thanks for your help and suggestion Smiley Happy i will try your suggestion and lookup further the global settings

0 Kudos