VMware Cloud Community
kristofasaert
Contributor
Contributor

vRNI upgrade from 6.1 to 6.3 failing

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade vRNI from 6.1 to 6.3 but my upgrade fails.I've added the printscreens of the errors I'm getting within LCM and on the appliance itself.

It was deployed through LCM and I've tried it through LCM but that didn't work. Tried to upgrade to 6.2 instead of 6.3 through LCM, but that didn't work either. Even an offline upgrade keeps on failing on the same step.

I must admit that I'm not a vRNI expert but I already SSH'ed into my appliance with the support user and tried to check out the folders he's referring to but it seems I don't have access with the support user to those folders/files.

Any ideas anyone?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
luisramireze
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Did you resolve the problem? We are facing to the same problem. We saw the problem is not related with folders o files access, but with habase service, the script that upgrade process runs failed when it try to list namspaces:

ubuntu@vrni-platform-release:~$ echo "list_namespace" | hbase shell -n
SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/lib/zookeeper/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.25.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/lib/hbase/lib/client-facing-thirdparty/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.25.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory]
NAMESPACE
Took 18.5415 seconds java exception
ERROR Java::OrgApacheZookeeper::KeeperException::NoNodeException: KeeperErrorCode = NoNode for /hbase/master

Until now, we haven't resolved the problem.

0 Kudos