VMware Cloud Community
TonyGormley
Contributor
Contributor

vRA 7 and NSX Removal and failed vRA server deployments

Hi all, 

hope someone can help with this as I am tearing my hair out with this problem!

Okay to give a bit of background we had NSX-V in two of our VCs, but last January turned into a rush job to get the vCenters up to a supported 7 revision, so NSX wasn't really removed properly, we just more or less ripped it out and I think that's where my problem lies.

When we try to deploy to the environment that had NSX removed we get the following error message - "Failed to configure one or more network and security settings..."

I am sure this is because we have "leftovers" from the NSX install.

So after this i tried to create a reservation with no reference to anything NSX at all, but the problem is when i create the reservation and choose the compute reservation the network tab shows the network and the network profile, however under that is the Advanced setting, Transport Zone is blank and the old security groups are still there.

This is where i think the problem lies, if i could create the reservation without it referring to the NSX leftovers i think that would sort the problem, but i dont know what is referring to NSX within vRA.

Anyone seen this before or could point me in the direction of documentation would be massively helpful and thank you in advance!

Labels (1)
  • Hi

0 Kudos
0 Replies