VMware Cloud Community
st84
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vRealize Orchestrator - Can't add to vSphere Web Client

Hello,

I have configured the vRealize Orchestrator appliance and added the vCenter Server to the Orchestrator server through the vRO client -> Library, and can successfully run workflows against objects in vCenter. So vRO is working.

BUT

The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to add the vRO server to the vSphere Web Client. I do see the plugin though, and when I go to the Orchestrator plugin I see the vCenter Server in the "vCO Home' tab but "N/A" under "Managed by vCenter Orchestrator Server". Also under "Inventory Lists" it says "vCO Servers: 0". What am I missing?

I have tried adding the new vRO server (appliance) by editing the vCenter object and input the new vRO server IP. But "Test Connection" fails every time.

Also, vCO was installed together with vCenter initially but never used, and still not used. But I don't think that would make any difference.

I also don't see the vCenter plugin tab in the left menu when connecting to vRO with the client and com.vmware.vco isn't showing in /mob.

Versions:

vCenter: 5.5u2

vRO: 6.0.3.0 build 3000579

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm confused a bit. It appears you are trying to use both vCO 5.5.2 and vRO 6.0.3 with VC 5.5.2 but the plug-ins are different (they have different deployment mechanism, different extensions in MOB, etc.). I'd recommend to stick to the version of vCO that you got installed together with VC - in this case, 5.5.2.

Then, check the following:

• Verify that vCO is configured with SSO authentication, and that it is the same SSO instance used by VC/Web Client
  • Verify that vCenter instance is added correctly to vCO and that there is a 5.5.x-style extension in the MOB. Its name is com.vmware.orchestrator.[some-guid]
  • Verify that the extension's server property contains a record with URL property pointing to the correct vCO server - https:[vco-ip]:8281
  • Verify that the user you are using to connect to Web Client has correct permission; eg. you should be able to login to vCO Java Client with this user

If all of the above is valid, check Web Client log file (vsphere_client_virgo.log) for any errors related to loading of vCO plugin and connecting to vRO server.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm confused a bit. It appears you are trying to use both vCO 5.5.2 and vRO 6.0.3 with VC 5.5.2 but the plug-ins are different (they have different deployment mechanism, different extensions in MOB, etc.). I'd recommend to stick to the version of vCO that you got installed together with VC - in this case, 5.5.2.

Then, check the following:

• Verify that vCO is configured with SSO authentication, and that it is the same SSO instance used by VC/Web Client
  • Verify that vCenter instance is added correctly to vCO and that there is a 5.5.x-style extension in the MOB. Its name is com.vmware.orchestrator.[some-guid]
  • Verify that the extension's server property contains a record with URL property pointing to the correct vCO server - https:[vco-ip]:8281
  • Verify that the user you are using to connect to Web Client has correct permission; eg. you should be able to login to vCO Java Client with this user

If all of the above is valid, check Web Client log file (vsphere_client_virgo.log) for any errors related to loading of vCO plugin and connecting to vRO server.

0 Kudos
st84
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply but I'm an idiot.

vRO 6+ is not compatible with web client <6.0.

0 Kudos