VMware Cloud Community
Rick_Boyer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vRO 8.2 Cannot save changes to imported package?

Hi;  Running vRO 8.2 in a standalone configuration, but I do have the extended capabilities license.

I imported a package, everything works great, until I try to add a workflow to that package.  The add works, but the save button is greyed out.  I found I can add to other OOB packages, like the com.vmware.library.amqp package, but not the package I imported.  

Please advise?

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Rick_Boyer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I found the problem.  The package name had an "_" and the edit package screen wouldn't allow me to save it until I removed the "_", although there were no problems importing that package with the underscore.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Rick_Boyer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Interesting that a lot of the OOB packages have underscores in their name....

0 Kudos
Rick_Boyer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Also interesting;  all the release notes from 8.0 to 8.2 patch 1 (including all the patch variations in-between)  and there is a lot of things about package problems, nothing about the naming construct change.

I did find this in the documentation about creating and managing packages:

Note:
You cannot use special characters when naming packages in the vRealize Orchestrator Client.

Details about this in the release notes would be better.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Rick_Boyer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

AN additional piece of information, I find that I cannot modify my imported package in any way, for instance, just adding a group or a tag will not work.

0 Kudos
Rick_Boyer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I found the problem.  The package name had an "_" and the edit package screen wouldn't allow me to save it until I removed the "_", although there were no problems importing that package with the underscore.

0 Kudos
Rick_Boyer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Interesting that a lot of the OOB packages have underscores in their name....

0 Kudos
Rick_Boyer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Also interesting;  all the release notes from 8.0 to 8.2 patch 1 (including all the patch variations in-between)  and there is a lot of things about package problems, nothing about the naming construct change.

I did find this in the documentation about creating and managing packages:

Note:
You cannot use special characters when naming packages in the vRealize Orchestrator Client.

Details about this in the release notes would be better.

0 Kudos