VMware Cloud Community
skemparaju
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

vCO Error

Hi,

We are getting the "org.springframework.remoting.RemoteAccessException" error in VCO 5.5.0.0 appliance. Please let us know the solution if any one have seen this error.

-Suresh

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
skemparaju
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thank you all! vCO login issue got fixed.  Here are the steps..

When the issue first occurred, we were seeing a lot of "301 Moved permanently" messages when accessing https://vco-IP:8281 The error would result in "This webpage has a redirect loop" on Chrome browser. To resolve this issue we did the following: On vCO configurator page:

1. Stop vCO service.

2. Navigate to Troubleshooting tab and click "Clean Directories" to clear the temporary files.

3. Start vCO service. (We were then able to reach: 8281 and login to the vCO client. vCO was functioning for a full day, but next day issue re-occurred.

Today, we noticed IP address in "Networking" tab was set to 0.0.0.0 (I believe we changed that during previous troubleshooting). Once it was changed to vCO IP address, plugins were finally updated and login worked. What I found strange on the vCO 5.5.0 deployments is that it only has 1 Hard Drive (7 GB), where 5.5.1 installation has 2 disks 7 and 5 GB. Since cleaning temp files resolved the issue initially, we thought it may be the logging that was causing issues lately (even though it was only 56% used).

Thank you Vaidotas and Swetha!

-Sursh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
tschoergez
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

When exactly get you that error message? When trying to connect with the vCO client?

If so: Make sure to use the client that exactly matches the same version as the vCO server.

0 Kudos
skemparaju
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes correct when trying to connect with the vCO client and we have are using the correct client.

It was working till last week all of sudden it stopped Smiley Sad There is no configuration changed had done the vCO server.

0 Kudos
tschoergez
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

In that case, check the firewall settings between client and server. also check that the vCO service is running (but I expect another error message if the service was down).

Try to run the vCO client via java web start directly from the vCO server homepage.

And, check the logs:

Client and server logs VMware KB: Location of vCenter Orchestrator log files

0 Kudos
skemparaju
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thank you all! vCO login issue got fixed.  Here are the steps..

When the issue first occurred, we were seeing a lot of "301 Moved permanently" messages when accessing https://vco-IP:8281 The error would result in "This webpage has a redirect loop" on Chrome browser. To resolve this issue we did the following: On vCO configurator page:

1. Stop vCO service.

2. Navigate to Troubleshooting tab and click "Clean Directories" to clear the temporary files.

3. Start vCO service. (We were then able to reach: 8281 and login to the vCO client. vCO was functioning for a full day, but next day issue re-occurred.

Today, we noticed IP address in "Networking" tab was set to 0.0.0.0 (I believe we changed that during previous troubleshooting). Once it was changed to vCO IP address, plugins were finally updated and login worked. What I found strange on the vCO 5.5.0 deployments is that it only has 1 Hard Drive (7 GB), where 5.5.1 installation has 2 disks 7 and 5 GB. Since cleaning temp files resolved the issue initially, we thought it may be the logging that was causing issues lately (even though it was only 56% used).

Thank you Vaidotas and Swetha!

-Sursh

0 Kudos