VMware Cloud Community
schistad
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCAC: Generating an approval request from vCO?

When building complex IaaS workflows in vCO you may at times want to trigger an approval request in the middle of a workflow rather than only when building the request.

This would presumably require callbacks from vCO into vCAC.

The builtin workflows from the vCAC plugin has no code to do this. But I'm sure it can be done using the REST API.

Does anyone have any examples they want to share?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sanchezs
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Could you provide an end-to-end scenario of what you want to achieve? I think that what you want may be as simple as creating a user interaction in your workflow (or some branch from your if needed), then this user interaction will be converted automatically to a work item (approvals are a specific kind of work item) in vCAC. All you need is to use the default embedded vCO or to configure your external vCO with the Advanced Service Designer.

I hope it helps.

Sergio

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sanchezs
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Could you provide an end-to-end scenario of what you want to achieve? I think that what you want may be as simple as creating a user interaction in your workflow (or some branch from your if needed), then this user interaction will be converted automatically to a work item (approvals are a specific kind of work item) in vCAC. All you need is to use the default embedded vCO or to configure your external vCO with the Advanced Service Designer.

I hope it helps.

Sergio

0 Kudos
schistad
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Let's say I allow the user to specify an IP as part of the input form for a new VM.

Later on I perform a series of checks against the network parameters, and the IP turns out to be in use according to our IPAM.

At this point I want to halt the provisioning and invoke a request for approval by an admin.

EDIT: And you are entirely correct - a user interaction step in the middle of a workflow does in fact create a new work item.

Guys, I am officially impressed Smiley Happy

sanchezs
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Excellent Smiley Happy

0 Kudos