VMware Cloud Community
chrisoxy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

purge vcm record using vco rest api?

Has anyone been able to purge a vcm record using vco's rest api function? I know the purge function is not included in the vcm package, however, we received what is supposed to be the raw xml code to do such a thing. I'm having trouble getting it to work. I created a workflow with inputs ID and Content and it spits out a status code 400 error. Has onyone attempted to get this to work?

Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Error 400 means your request body is syntactically invalid (bad format of XML or JSON data).

Could you show the code you are using to start the workflow, and workflow itself?

0 Kudos
chrisoxy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, here is the exact code VMware gave us. I've made no changes. How do you want me to show the workflow? Image of the schema?

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The XML content is indeed wrong. There is a space character after the colon in the last XML tag.

</vcm: PurgeMachineParamsTypeElement>

should be

</vcm:PurgeMachineParamsTypeElement>

chrisoxy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ilian, I've finally had some time to look at this again. I made the change you show but I'm getting the exact same error. I've emailed our VMware team to see if I can work directly with the SDK support who sent this to us.

Thanks for your reply though.

0 Kudos