Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

js-io-rights.conf assistance

Got a remote NFS mount

i added folder to /mnt/Scratch

I mounted to /mnt/Scratch

Set chmod 777 on /mnt/Scratch

added to rights file, recycled services.

Get write denied stil.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
schofies
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Probably will blog this.  When IT people say "know enough to be dangerous".  I think this situation applies.  I don't confess to be an expert in Linux.   So... when you create a local directory on a linux, point a remote NFS mount point, it's magic and works.  "if you reboot the host" the mount point is gone and the local directory "acts like a local directory".  Yeah ok, seems straight forward now. 

I did this

• added path to js-io-rights.conf
  • deleted local directory on both *vRA appliances*
  • re-created local directory /mnt/Scratch
  • Remounted remote NFS share
  • Restarted vRO services. 
  • Tested and worked

the only thing I need help on now is adding to the /etc/fstab conf file.  This helps keep it persistent during reboots. 

Sure hope this helps someone else. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
schofies
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Probably will blog this.  When IT people say "know enough to be dangerous".  I think this situation applies.  I don't confess to be an expert in Linux.   So... when you create a local directory on a linux, point a remote NFS mount point, it's magic and works.  "if you reboot the host" the mount point is gone and the local directory "acts like a local directory".  Yeah ok, seems straight forward now. 

I did this

• added path to js-io-rights.conf
  • deleted local directory on both *vRA appliances*
  • re-created local directory /mnt/Scratch
  • Remounted remote NFS share
  • Restarted vRO services. 
  • Tested and worked

the only thing I need help on now is adding to the /etc/fstab conf file.  This helps keep it persistent during reboots. 

Sure hope this helps someone else. 

0 Kudos