VMware Cloud Community
VRN
Contributor
Contributor

What is Orchestrator API to 1) selectively install a package and 2) set Configuration values in the package ?

Hi,

I'm building a vCO plugin for a solution and I'm not able to find Orchestrator Plugin APIs to do the following or want o find out if it's even possible...

1) The plugin has 2 .packages bundled in it. The generated VSO.xml has code to install the first package with the 'ALWAYS'  mode. I want to control the installation of the second package based on the user input in the plugin configuration. What API do I use to dynamically install the second package ?

2) Some of the user input from the plugin configuration screen needs to be stored in the package configuration, which will be then accessed as attributes in the workflows ? Is there an API to do this ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tschoergez
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

For 1) afaik that's not possible.

2) you can store the configuration values in a resource element in vco, so it's accessible from workflows.

All the modern plugins use resource elements to store their configuration values, see the rest plugin as example.

Cheers,

Joerg

Gesendet von meinem LG Mobile

0 Kudos
VRN
Contributor
Contributor

To get some programatic access to the package installed in the plugin, I tried to make use of the classes in  in the ' ch.dunes.model.pkg.*", there seem to be many classes - Package, PackageHelper etc..

Are these the wrong set of APIs to use ? Where can I get access  the complete set of APIs doc that goes with the VCO Plugin SDK ?

Thanks

0 Kudos