dweber
Contributor
Contributor

VRO 8.1 not working after applying patch1 ...

Hello,

My vRO 8.1 has fallen after the application of the patch1 (8.1.0.9465 Build 16419934) The upgrade result was successful however, the webpage https://VCONAME/vco/ is blank "unable to connect".

Despite a full reboot of the appliance, the result is the same. I ran with command to help but they look not good I think I don't remember have a "no resources found" with that command.

If you plan to update with the patch, be warned.

kubectl -n prelude get pods
No resources found.

I can't figure out what to do next.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dweber
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, sorry for the double post. I did received a timeout when I first posted my message, and after the refresh, it was posted twice. I think everybody had experienced this once in their "life" 🙂

anyway, I figured out a way out ...

BE CAREFUL, if you run into production, I would advice you to contact vmware support first and see with them what to do.

In my case, I had nothing to loose than my personal 2 weeks of develop workflow. So I didn't want to bother with support.

 

SSH to VRO appliance

/opt/scripts/deploy.sh --onlyClean

halt

Poweroff the System

Take a snapshot (haha...yes I know ... should have done this from the very very beginning but in test environment, I though it was save lol)

Power on vm

/opt/scripts/deploy.sh

It will reinstall all the components of your vco servers.

I didn't loose anything obviously (workflows, actions, powershell hosts, all runs), and vco-servicecontrol worked again. I am not sure now that the version I see in "5480 - 8.1.0.9465 Build 16419934" matches the version in the orchestrator client "vRealize Orchestrator 8.1.0 (16376637)" but I will have a look later on this.

 

I will commit the change and try to run a builtin workflow. If it works, then maybe the update did pass.

If I can help someone in the world , happy to serve 🙂

This thread can be closed also

kind regards

0 Kudos