VMware Cloud Community
kushubham9
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to install a plugin in vRO

Hi,

I am using vRA & vRO 7.5.

I am trying to install my plugin in vRO through the vco-controlcenter but I am not able to. The loader keeps on rotating.

In the network console I can see the following API call, /vco-controlcenter/api/plugins/installation but I am not receiving any status from the API here.

I don't see any error on the console either.

It was all working fine but suddenly it just stopped working. I see nothing in the vco server logs as well.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kushubham9
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is there any way I could install the plugin manually?

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Have you tried to restart vRO Server and vRO Control Center services (service vco-server restart and service vco-configurator restart) or the entire appliance?

What kind of installation file do you have for your plug-in? DAR file or VMOAPP file?

Note that manual plug-in installation is not officially supported; you should use either Control Center UI or Control Center REST API. But if for some reason Control Center doesn't work, you can try the following steps:

• Make a snapshot of the appliance, in case to be able to restore if something goes wrong
  • Connect via SSH to the appliance and stop vRO Server / vRO Control Center services
  • Copy the plug-in DAR file to /usr/lib/vco/app-server/plugins/ directory
  • Change the permissions / ownership attributes of the copied file to match the other DAR files in this directory
  • Start vRO Server / vRO Control Center services

The process is a bit more complex if you have your plug-in as VMOAPP file (you'll need to extract DAR file(s) from VMOAPP) or if you have a clustered vRO / vRA setup.

Again, these manual steps are not a supported way to install vRO plug-ins, especially in production environment, so I'd recommend to try to resolve the issues with Control Center.

0 Kudos