VMware Cloud Community
andrey09
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Problem with context menu. Doesn't pass VM name to workflow.

After upgrading vRO to 7.3 i have no ability to automaticaly pass VM name to workflow like before upgrade.

I had reregistered vRO and reregistered plugin with no succes . It loks like on a picture.

vCenter 6.0. / vRO 7.3

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hmm, I don't see a picture attached.

I guess the problem is that when you try to launch a workflow from vSphere Web client UI, the input parameter in the workflow presentation is not auto-populated from the context object you right-clicked on, is that correct?

Usually, it happens when you have registered your vCenter in vRO by IP instead of FQDN name, or when the spelling of the vCenter FQDN doesn't exactly match the way Web client sees it, eg. myvc.domain.com is not the same as MyVC.domain.com.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hmm, I don't see a picture attached.

I guess the problem is that when you try to launch a workflow from vSphere Web client UI, the input parameter in the workflow presentation is not auto-populated from the context object you right-clicked on, is that correct?

Usually, it happens when you have registered your vCenter in vRO by IP instead of FQDN name, or when the spelling of the vCenter FQDN doesn't exactly match the way Web client sees it, eg. myvc.domain.com is not the same as MyVC.domain.com.

0 Kudos
andrey09
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It's correct.

You are right. Problem was a capital letters in vcenter name, i have reregister vcenter and it seems all works fine.

Thank you 

0 Kudos