VMware Cloud Community
chrisoxy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Powershell 1.0.4. plugin not installing in vCo 5.5.1

I just downloaded the new vCO 5.5 plugin and no matter how many times I restart services /restart vCO confi manager it keeps telling me "will perfrom installation at next server startup."

Would anyone have any ideas? I've never had a problem installing plugins before.

thanks!

Tags (3)
6 Replies
tschoergez
Leadership
Leadership

What build number to you use?

Is that the vCO 5.5."1" that is included in vCAC 6.0 appliance?

Can you try to reproduce on a net new downloaded 5.5.1 vCO Appliance (Build 1617225)?

Cheers,

Joerg

0 Kudos
chrisoxy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, it's the one with vCAC 6.0. I'll install a new appliance and see if it works. Downloading now.

0 Kudos
ros-operations
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have the same issue, only with VCO appliance 5.1.2. Is this plugin not compatible with all version of VCO? Version 1.0 is working for me.

Regards,

Michel

0 Kudos
tschoergez
Leadership
Leadership

It seems the Powershell Plugin 1.0.4 uses feature of the new plugin API of vCO 5.5.1 (build 1617225).

So it does not work with older vCO 5.1 version, and not with the vCO that is bundled in the vCAC 6.0 appliance.

Cheers,

Joerg

ros-operations
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, thanks for the update. I will stick then with the older version untill we upgrade. Would be nice if the documentation of the plugin would point to this compatiblity issue.

Regards,

Michel

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There is remark in the relase notes VMware vCenter Orchestrator Plug-In for Microsoft Windows PowerShell Release Notes

> Orchestrator Plug-In for Microsoft Windows PowerShell 1.0.4 uses the new plug-in configuration API and is not compatible with vCenter Orchestrator versions earlier than 5.5.1

I will make sure that the remark is changed also to include vCO build number

0 Kudos