VMware Cloud Community
AEsansun2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to get VC:VirtualMachine from a vcac blueprint

I was trying to follow this guide below to create a workflow to be executed from a vcac blueprint.. Basically i took the template Vcac/infrastructure administrator/Workflow Template

which has this piece of code

if (vCenterVm != null) {

System.log("Got vCloud VM " + vCenterVm.name);

}

Well, it never prints the vm name. I need it in order to run operations on the vm after the vm is deployed .. how am i able to get it .. and why would the template have it if it's

not availabl.e

How to extend vCAC with vCO Part 2 – Hello world Script in Guest | VMtoCloud.com

24 Replies
DLally
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is there any details on how to call the vCenterVM name now with 6.1 using these new workflows?  Should I be doing a lookup for the vCenter name using the UUID workflow?

0 Kudos
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Read the KB I referenced and apply the workflow package that is linked in it. The vCO plugin will not be able to find the vCenterVm in conjunction with vCAC 6.1 unless you apply the updated package per the instructions in that KB article.

-Steve
0 Kudos
DLally
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I know we're talking in 2 different threads, but I have already installed the plugin.  I'm not sure if there's something else I need to do afterwards though. 

0 Kudos
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Make sure the Workflow runner workflow is version (I think) 0.0.11; if it's not, you didn't import the package from the KB properly (all 8 items need to be selected on import to force the overwrite). The updated runner workflow has updated code that does properly discover the VM in vCenter, regardless of if it's 6.0.x or 6.1.

-Steve
0 Kudos
AEsansun2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you. Once i switched it to MachineProvisioned I am able to get all properties correctly

0 Kudos