VMware Cloud Community
merjif3000
Contributor
Contributor

Aria Automation Orchestrator 8.12.1 . Change log auto-scroll direction

Aria Automation Orchestrator 8.12.1

Every time when your workflow is executed, you can see interactive log information on UI.

Default scroll direction. The latest log records will be at the bottom. So you have to scroll every time to the last log records.

How to configure Area Automation Orchestrator settings to change the log scroll direction to get the latest log records at the top?

Labels (1)
  • i

0 Kudos
8 Replies
WhiteForEver
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unfortunately , I don't think it's possible. This is a long running feature request. At least I did ask for a few times already a couple of years ago 🙂

----------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your feedback regarding my response.
If it has successfully resolved your issue, kindly mark it as RESOLVED

Take a look at my blog below.
https://www.clouddepth.com
0 Kudos
merjif3000
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sure, that there is a configuration parameter, but I don't know where it could be changed.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
bsaxe
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

While not a solution to your problem, you could put your cursor in the log window and keep hitting the END key. This will keep the most recent log entries in view.

0 Kudos
merjif3000
Contributor
Contributor

WoW! Do you advise using a mouse and keyboard to scroll down the log? *It looks like a joke... you know.

I search for configurations, commands, and descriptions. Please do not teach me how to use a mouse.

*Also, you can click and download the logs, but it's not the answer to my question.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
bsaxe
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I was not trying to be condescending with regards to using the mouse. I was only trying to give a hint as to what works for me. Not all Aria UI controls honor typical HOME/END key navigation. This is one area where indeed it does and is quite helpful. I have helped many clients by pointing this out and it makes their lives easier. I use a browser plug-in to avoid needing the mouse. It's called Vimium. With this, I can just type a couple of keystrokes to navigate to the log window and then just keep tapping END while the workflow runs. Not perfect and maybe this isn't a solution for you, but perhaps it may help others.

xian_
Expert
Expert

I use this Python script to read the logs:
https://kuklis.github.io/cma/post/vro8-dump-workflow-logs/ 

merjif3000
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the interesting point, I'll try to use Vimium.

0 Kudos
merjif3000
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the interesting point, I'll take a look python usage variant.

Yes, sure, we sent all logs to LogInsight or any other logging system, but from time to time for colleagues, just using the browser with logs is the quickest way to investigate the problem
It's really strange to me that don't have any customization options at UI, you know, filters, hide\show some types of forms and objects.

0 Kudos