VMware Cloud Community
xian_
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

AD plugin object tree selector - root object

vRA 7.5

I've copied Create an organizational unit workflow of AD plugin and set the presentation root object to a WF attribute rootOU:

rootOU.jpg

However, the tree value picker for the parent organizational unit is not limited to the OU specified in the rootOU attribute. What am I missing here?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedrummond
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You have to specify the root object of that plug-in type. In this case you can only limit it to an AD:AdHost, not an OU.

Also root object presentation is not supported in XaaS unfortunately.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
stevedrummond
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

When running the workflow in vRO or vRA via XaaS?

0 Kudos
xian_
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

At the moment trying in vRO, but will need the same in XaaS.

0 Kudos
stevedrummond
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You have to specify the root object of that plug-in type. In this case you can only limit it to an AD:AdHost, not an OU.

Also root object presentation is not supported in XaaS unfortunately.

0 Kudos
xian_
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thanks. Is there any documentation available for the root object types of the different plugins?

Wrt. XaaS what can be a workaround? Custom generated dropdowns?

0 Kudos
stevedrummond
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

When you expand the plug-in in the Inventory, its whatever is the root level objects there. So for REST it would be a REST:Host, etc.

If you need to filter the results then I would use custom UI elements. I always avoid objects anyway due to the severe performance hit compared to primitives.

0 Kudos
xian_
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

What do you mean by custom UI elements? Drop-downs, lists, check boxes etc?

0 Kudos
stevedrummond
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Sorry for the late reply, holiday periods and all and then missed this one yesterday.

Yea, whatever combination of default primitive fields you need to accomplish the UX you need.

For example it could be as simple as a hidden field of array/string of ad objects, a string filter box and a dropdown of all/filtered results.

Or more complex forms can use stringified POJO's that get parsed by other UI elements (this is how I build all my UI's).