VMware Cloud Community
Batmergen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vRa 8.6.2 Storage Profile Select Cluster

I created a datastore cluster in our vCenter and wanted to select it as a storage profile in vRa8. 

The datastore cluster shows up in Infrastructure -> Resources -> Storage -> Datastore/Clusters
But when I try to choose it in Infrastructure -> Configure -> Storage Profiles -> New Storage Profiles It doesn't show up.

How can I use this Datastore Cluster to provision new VM's from vRa8?

Batmergen_0-1646897747233.png

Batmergen_1-1646897840382.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Batmergen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The issue has been fixed after updating to 8.7. 

Now I can select the Datastore Cluster as storage profile.

Solved!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vmc9
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

any answers to this issue, I have the same problem

0 Kudos
Batmergen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unfortunately no, I have an open SR with vmware but they are not able to resolve this issue till now.

This is not specific to datastore clusters. Even the datastores that I was able to select before is not selectable.

The only reason I tried to select datastore cluster is because vra8 is not spreading the vm deployments with other datastores in the storage profiles. It is only deploying to the "Preferred storage for this region" and filling up that datastore. I believe vra8 should be allocating storage on the datastore with the free space require for the deployment. Because now it's not really intuitive. I have to manually select the default storage for the storage profile or else the deployments will fail. 

I am looking for other solutions like VVols at the moment. If other people have experience with vra and vvols please share your experience.

0 Kudos
xian_
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Not profile related, but you can avoid datastore filling with tagging: https://kuklis.github.io/cma/post/vra8-datastore-custom-placement/

Batmergen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The issue has been fixed after updating to 8.7. 

Now I can select the Datastore Cluster as storage profile.

Solved!

0 Kudos