VMware Cloud Community
ffabiosantosg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRAutomation 7.0.1 - The following component requests failed

Olá, boa tarde.

Tenho o vRealize automation 7.0.1 em meu ambiente e recentemente estou tendo problemas com vms provisionadas em um determinado cluster de datastore configurado no vCenter 6.0.0.

A mensagem completa do erro: The following component requests failed: vSphere_Machine_1. Request failed: Machine VMXXX: CloneVM : Cannot find the data store named CLUSTER_VMWARE..

Preciso resolver este caso provisionado vms para o cluster de datastore deixando que o vCenter gerencie e não o configurando no automation para datastore individuais com mesma prioridade.

Obs: Para outros clusters do meu ambiente consigo provisionar vms sem problemas.

***************************************************************************************************

Hello good afternoon.

I have vRealize automation 7.0.1 in my environment and recently I'm having problems with vms provisioned in a given datastore cluster configured in vCenter 6.0.0.

The complete error message: The following component requests failed: vSphere_Machine_1. Request failed: Machine VMXXX: CloneVM: Can not find the data store named CLUSTER_VMWARE ..

I need to resolve this vms provisioned case to the datastore cluster by letting vCenter manage and not configuring it on automation for individual datastores with the same priority.

Note: For other clusters in my environment I can provision vms with no problems.

Att, Fábio Gomes
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ffabiosantosg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello.

I solved the problem and did not have to update the version of my automation.

In my my automation the DRS in the datastore cluster of my vcenter was disabled, in this way the request of the vms were being sent to a datastore below the size of the VM that would be provisioned.

I activated the DRS and ran the test again and it worked. I am evaluating configure for automation to make the choice instead of vCenter DRS.

Thank you gentlemen !!

Att, Fábio Gomes

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What does your reservation say? Is this datastore present? Did you move it into a datastore cluster after it was originally added to a reservation? If so, you need to uncheck this datastore and instead check the datastore cluster.

0 Kudos
ffabiosantosg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

My cluster is OK. I have two others and they work normally. I can not clear out because I have to move all my provisioned vms to another cluster or datastore.

Att, Fábio Gomes
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Without seeing how you have your reservation configured and the other components, it's going to be difficult to help you.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

long shot, but why don't you upgrade to 7.3.1
7.0.1 is getting old, there are hundreds of changes and improvements in between, including in that specific area;

at least you can standup a test-env with 7.3.1 and see how it works from there

0 Kudos
ffabiosantosg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello.

I solved the problem and did not have to update the version of my automation.

In my my automation the DRS in the datastore cluster of my vcenter was disabled, in this way the request of the vms were being sent to a datastore below the size of the VM that would be provisioned.

I activated the DRS and ran the test again and it worked. I am evaluating configure for automation to make the choice instead of vCenter DRS.

Thank you gentlemen !!

Att, Fábio Gomes
0 Kudos