VMware Cloud Community
SteveR123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRA - Hide properties?

HI, does anyone know how I could hide the "owner" property from a Blueprint request? and if possible the "reason for request" property also? I don't need to delete the properties, I just don't see the point in having them visible to the end-user really.

Thanks in advance for any info

Cheers

Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can't really change the out of the box catalog request form but you can use ASD to request a blueprint and therefore create your own front end form to request a catalog item. I've attached a sample I've done and some workflows that show you how to do this. It's more complicated, but its the only way to do what you want.

Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 15.54.18.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can't really change the out of the box catalog request form but you can use ASD to request a blueprint and therefore create your own front end form to request a catalog item. I've attached a sample I've done and some workflows that show you how to do this. It's more complicated, but its the only way to do what you want.

Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 15.54.18.png

SteveR123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the response. We don't have an ASD license unfortunately. So if I can't change the request from I guess I'll have to live with it. Would have been nice to hide these items though.

Thanks again

Steve

0 Kudos