VMware Cloud Community
Emanoel_Krieger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRA 7.6 Stuck in Progress.. for days

Hello Folks,

Please help with this weird problem:

After successful provision and power on an blueprint/deployment, tenant admin cannot manage, actions stuck for hours and days in progress and never completes. For example, power off, take snapshot, destroy. Everything stuck with no error message for days in progress. Please see the screenshot attached.

Here are the environment details:

Site 1 -> vCenter 6.5.0 (Build 8307201)

Site 2 -> vCenter 6.5.0 (Build 8307201)

vCenter in Enhanced Linked Mode same SSO Domain

VRA Version: 7.6.0 (Build: 13027133)

VRA architecture enterprise distributed small (no load balancer).

Commercial Certificates.

VRA appliance / embedded orchestrator -

vra01.domain.com

IaaS web server -

iaas-web-01.domain.com

IaaS manager server -

iaas-ms-01.domain.com

DEM 01 -

iaas-dem-01.domain.com

Agent 01, 02 -

iaas-agnt-01.domain.com -> vCenter site 1

iaas-agnt-02.domain.com -> vCenter site 2

Thanks in advance for your attention on this. Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Emanoel_Krieger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Solved! its a problem with SQL 130 mode, the database is almost with 400gb.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
bnagabhushan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Did you check if all the IaaS services including DEM worker services are started? Did you check the connectivity between the IaaS and SQL DB machine.

If you have a downtime for the setup, can you reboot the vRA stack and check if the issue still persists.

0 Kudos
KocPawel
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Test your connectivity to vCenter.

You can do it on Administration tab and go to endpoint.

Second part go to Compute Resources and check data collection (check if it is successfully completed).

And try to reboot Agents.

0 Kudos
Emanoel_Krieger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Folks,

I setup a vRA Health self checks and it passed 98 of 100 tests. 02 test failed.

I did a reboot into entire vRA stack, checked all logs (web, ms, agents and dem). Dem orchestrator and worker on line, workflows history show everything green with no errors.

Its provision VMs ok via agents into vcenter01 and vcenter02, and manage all infrastructure tab, with no errors. It display monitoring logs, reservations all everything right, so I don't believe that there is a connection issue with the SQL and agents.

Here is the error messages from health:

web IaaS

[Received failed status while pinging database server 'sqldb03,1433\MSSQLSERVER' from IaaS Web Server 'iaas-web-01.domain.com'. Status: 'No such host is known']

ms IaaS

[Received failed status while pinging database server 'sqldb03,1433\MSSQLSERVER' from IaaS Web Server 'iaas-web-01.domain.com'. Status: 'No such host is known']

From a command prompt of Windows 2016 Web and MS machines I ping sqldb03 with and without a dns suffix successfully.

Firewall and Windows defender are off from both machines.

Please see the screenshot attached, there is only another warning from monitoring and logs, I review the KB and increase the values but still with same problem.

Any action like power off, destroy, take snapshot never completes, it stay in progress for days with no error message.

Hellllppppp !!!

0 Kudos
Emanoel_Krieger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Its a hell guys!!

How can a simple power off action stay stuck for days in progress with no error message in UI at version 7.6?

Any developer can help please? any ideas?

0 Kudos
Emanoel_Krieger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

There is no approval process active, the owner of the deployment cannot power off or destroy your deployment/VM. Its like a hell. I am almost re-installing everything but with no guarantee because this installation completes with no validation errors. All other features under administration and insfrastructure menu works perfectly.

0 Kudos
Emanoel_Krieger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Solved! its a problem with SQL 130 mode, the database is almost with 400gb.

0 Kudos
stevedrummond
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

SQL130 mode isn't supported.

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos