VMware Cloud Community
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

vRA 7.3 - Cannot see some vSphere Templates

I am trying to create some blueprint in vRA and i cannot see some of the templates. I already did a Data Collection and it works perfectly. Also i have 2 clusters and i already verified if the templates are in the correct one where the "Computer Resource" is created.

Any idea?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Then the UUIDs probably conflict with the ones you cloned from their parents. Go and check the vc.uuid values in each template. If any are duplicates, change the UUID and do another data collection. They should pull in now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Do you have a reservation for the compute cluster where those templates are registered? This is a requirement.

Windspirit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

If the resource where the templates are stored is not a resource you want to use for provisioning...then just create the reservation for the resource with the Templates and then disable it. Works like a charm.

Also...if you created templates in vSphere you may need to re-scan the Compute resource, else you wont see them for the next 24h.

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yes i have a Datastore selected in the compute resource where my templates are stored and registered. I see some of the templates and some not.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What is the difference between the ones that show up in vRA and the ones that don't?

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

There is not an explicit difference. We have two types of templates, the "BK" that have all the patches and bugifex for an specific operating system and later we clone that template an convert it to "V" template and that is the final one to use with vRA.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Are they both registered to the same compute cluster? Are they both converted to a template (not a VM)?

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Exactly, they are both registered to the same cluster and both are templates. I also tried to convert the template to VM and re-convert it to Template with same results

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Then the UUIDs probably conflict with the ones you cloned from their parents. Go and check the vc.uuid values in each template. If any are duplicates, change the UUID and do another data collection. They should pull in now.

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

That's it! I am going to do the changes and tell you about the results.

Thanks you very much!

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

That was the issue. Thanks you very much!

0 Kudos