VMware Cloud Community
newatlantis
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vRA 6.2 requests getting stuck in Submitted state

I have a vRA 6.2 distributed environment. It was working fine this morning, but then suddenly all requests submitted started getting stuck in the Submitted state.

I did some online research but couldn't find this symptom reported anywhere.

All vRA/vRO services showed as REGISTERED on the two appliances' VAMI interfaces.

I ended up rebooting the two appliances (first the secondary, then the primary, via their VAMI interfaces), and now the environment seems to be working OK. But I've got 14 vRA requests still stuck in the Submitted state.

Do any of you happen to know:

1. What does it most likely mean if vRA requests are all getting stuck in the Submitted state?
  2. Is there any way to "kick" a request stuck in the Submitted state to get it processed?

Thank you!

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Do the workflows run and complete? There is a known bug that doesn't update the request information and there is a workaround. The other thing you can do is reset the vRO server in server configuration.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Do the workflows run and complete? There is a known bug that doesn't update the request information and there is a workaround. The other thing you can do is reset the vRO server in server configuration.

0 Kudos
newatlantis
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you, , for responding, and sorry I failed to provide an update! I'm afraid I completely lost track of this issue on my end, other than that the issue somehow got resolved (or resolved itself). It's possible I restarted the vRO services. I can't remember. I may also just have rebooted the vRA appliances. In any case, my issue was resolved before I had a chance to check out your tips. But thank you for those tips. I'll keep in mind for next time (which I hope will not come).

0 Kudos