VMware Cloud Community
gthompson7
Contributor
Contributor

vRA 6.2 Bad Request on Infrastructure tab - Size of a request header field exceeds server limit

Hi,

I recently updated the certificates on our vRA 6.2.  The old certificate is going to expire tomorrow.  vRA was installed using a wildcard certificate from a certificate authority.  I renewed the certificate and installed it following the instructions in the following link:

vRealize Automation 6.2 Documentation Center

After completing those instructions I was able to log into vRA, and the certificate has been updated, however I get a Bad Request error on the pages in the Infrastructure tab.

The other issue I noted is that the iaas-service service in the appliance management page is not showing as registered.

This is the error I get; it shows up on every tab in the Infrastructure page.

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Authorization

/n

Apache/2.2.12 (Linux/SUSE) Server at xxxx Port 443

Thanks

2 Replies
junkeller
Contributor
Contributor

Hi gthompson7,
I had the same Issue after the certificate expired which I updated recently. I could solve the problem by updating the IaaS Certificate correctly.

I followed the instructions on vRealize Automation 6.2 Documentation Center‌‌.

After installing the IIS Certificate you have to register the endpoint address. Be careful to choose the correct hostname or IP address. You can use the hostname or IP address of the IaaS machines (and not of the vRealize Appliance which I first used) in the following command:

Vcac-Config.exe RegisterEndpoint --EndpointAddress https://<vcac server hostname> -v

After that, the Error dissapeared and everything worked again.
Cheers, Junya

wlanzelotti
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Junkeller,

Thanks!!!!

0 Kudos