VMware Cloud Community
SteveR123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCAC & Powershell script?

Hi, I have a PS script which is triggered when a blueprint deploys a machine. This works well for some customisation I require post-deployment.

What I would like to know is, if it is possible to run a PS script without deploying a machine?

Basically, I have a powershell script that does a bulk VM deployment and works well. It needs a couple of parameters in order to run but I can pass them in from vCAC custom properties. I've attempted to do this after creating a basic clone but it fails. This is creating a machine to create a number of machines! Not ideal I know!

Id appreciate any suggestion people might have as to the direction I should go here.??

Thanks and regards

Steve

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lnairn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi, you can use vCAC advanced services (an orchestrator workflow) to call the powershell script, and publish that service to the catalog.

http://pubs.vmware.com/vCAC-60/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/vcloud-automation-center-60-advanced-serv...

Regards,

Leandro.

0 Kudos
SteveR123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply,I have looked into this and apparently we have the vCloud Suite Standard license and therefore can't use advanced services unfortunately.

Any other thoughts? Suggestions?

Cheers

Steve

0 Kudos