VMware Cloud Community
LejinDu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCAC 6.0 static IP pool

I am using vCAC 6.0 and vCO to manage vCenter/vSphere 5.5 cluster. In vCAC 6.0, I have setup a network profile with a static IP pool when creating Blueprint and Service catalogue; and I also have vCO workflows to pass custom properties. When I deploy a VM using Blueprint with the specified network profile in vCAC, how does the VM get its static IP from the IP pool defined in vCAC? Who picks (defines) the static IP for the VM, vCAC or vCenter?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Techstarts
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

since you define network profile in vCAC, it is vCAC who manages, assigns and releases it.

Hope it helps,

Preetam

vZare.com

With Great Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Techstarts
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

since you define network profile in vCAC, it is vCAC who manages, assigns and releases it.

Hope it helps,

Preetam

vZare.com

With Great Regards,
0 Kudos
LejinDu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Preetam. When I define the network profile with static IP pool in vCAC, how does the VM get its static IP assigned by vCAC automatically during the VM deployment? Do I need to define a vCO workflow to get the static IP from vCAC and to pass it to VM via vApp/VM property during VM deployment?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Techstarts
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

you don't need to do anything. Have a look at my post here ->http://vzare.com/2014/01/28/vcloud-automation-center-6-0-vcac-6-0reservation-policies-storage-reserv...

Just mention the IP Range and that is done.

With Great Regards,
0 Kudos
mbalasre
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The static ip gets assigned in Network profiles. However vCAC does not seem to set the static ip in the VM created in vSphere. How to get this working?

0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Set the customisation spec value in vSphere to be "Prompt User for IP Address" and ensure that the Customisation Spec from vSphere is assigned to your Blueprint(s).

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos