VMware Cloud Community
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

vCAC 6.0: not able to create Reservation Amazon EC2

Hello,

I am not able to create Reservation of the compute resource chosen as location. under resources , Location are listed but can not list down Security group. i tried to create additional security group other then Default group but still not able to list it.

I am not sure where to check logs so i can get some idea of the issue and i am kinda lost now

i checked DEM-W logs but nothing unusual activities in terms of errors are not seen... check Catalina.out logs for any issue but could not locate anything... am i looking at wrong place...

Please guide me

Thanks in advance

Br,

MG 

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Laz0
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi

You can search in DEM Worker logs for these strings and look around for errors:

0 Kudos
Wasawatt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Me too, I have vCAC 6.0.1

I found  'Workflow "AmazonEC2Inventory" failed' with..... "The Operation has timed out"

have any idea?

0 Kudos
Laz0
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Wasawatt,

It seems different from the initial issue VirExprt described.

This time out may be due to some network issue or intermittent outage.

Amazon provides a lot of images so it is normal inventory collection to take a bit of a time.

- Check in the logs how long has it run before timing out? Which Amazon activities ended successfully?

- Try starting it again, this time it may finish if infrastructure is ok.

Lazo

0 Kudos
Wasawatt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lazo

I have fixed about network and check DEM lof (worker_all)

[Trace]: AmazonWSModel: The AmazonCollectSecurityGroups activity finished. Collected 3 items.

[Trace]: AmazonWSModel: The AmazonSaveSecurityGroups activity started for the ap-southeast-1 region

[Trace]: AmazonWSModel: The AmazonSaveSecurityGroups activity finished.

and it can collected data from amazon successful (3 items) but it still not show in reservation always.

what I am missing?

Thank you,

Wasawatt

0 Kudos
Laz0
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I set up system with exact same region ap-southeast-1, all my 6 security groups were collected. When creating a new reservation after selecting the appropriate compute resource (the page reloads on that change) all 6 security groups were displayed on Resources tab.

I'll post any new info I find around this.

0 Kudos
Wasawatt
Contributor
Contributor

I consult from this article

vcacteam.info

for about key pair setup from my understand I create key pairs on AWS

and save to .PEM and then create key pairs on vCAC then I uploaded .PEM that I got from AWS to.

is this step correct right?

0 Kudos
Laz0
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, it is.

Other option is to create it via vCAC.

Here's the doc vCloud Automation Center Documentation about key pair management.

0 Kudos