VMware Cloud Community
wllp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When submitting a request, what does the "Deplyments" field means?

Hi,

I am using vRA 7. When users are submitting a new request, there is a field "Deployments" where they need to input a number.

What does this "Deployments" means?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I guess, you are referring number of 'Instances' of particular service that you want to deploy.

because when you raise a request form, it will ask you how many instances you want to deploy.

Let's say my service catalog item is a multi-machine blueprint with 3 machines in it And at the time of requesting this service if I say I would like to service to be deployed 2 times, that means 2 Instance of those service will be deployed, each with 3 machines in it.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
jexplorer
Contributor
Contributor

How can we restrict this number, let's say max of one deployment. I could not any option to get this accomplished. The number of instances on the blueprint restricts the number of machines in the other screen where you select cpu, ram.... Currntly, this deployment field is defeating our restrictions we put in place on the bklueprint, and we have users who selected 100 deployment (yes One Hundred) during our testing phase. 
0 Kudos