VMware Cloud Community
cdhunter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VM fails when deploying via vRA: Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password

Keep getting this error on a couple of our Blueprints.  We have tried manually deploying the same template via vCenter and it works fine.

in vCenter we have customization specifications which we run when deploying a template.  Within vRA I noticed the field 'Customization spec' under build information was blank so I manually edited this field to be the same name as our customization script but it still fails.  Not sure if this is the correct way to pick up the customization template?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mikestevenson00
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, you specify what customization spec to use with its name.  If you're using the java client the easiest way to ensure you're getting the name correctly is to select it from the list of specs and hit F2.  That will select the spec name as though you were going to rename it (be careful not to actually do that though), so you can just copy/paste.  I don't understand why they don't pop up a dialog box to select from like they do with the actual template.

As for the actual error you're seeing--does this happen consistently for a given VM template?  Do other templates not throw this error?  Does it happen regardless of whether you're using a customization spec in your build info?

0 Kudos