VMware Cloud Community
quantum_2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCAC 6.0 I cannot add a AD USER group to a business groups user role

IF I goto to EDIT a existing Business group I cannot ad any Active Directory Groups to the "USER ROLE" on the bottom of the page , I am not sure what I am doing wrong

in the attachment I am attempting to FIND AD GROUPS , I can see users but not groups

THANKS!

Message was edited by: quantum_2

Message was edited by: quantum_2 I also have the same issue with the "Group Manager ROLE" and the" Support role" I cant ad a AD GROUP

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zebduin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

it may not see the group - I think this is a known issue, type the name of the group anyway and press enter.  vCAC will throw an error if it doesn't recognize the group name.  vCAC does not need to be able to "find" the group name in order to accept it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
zebduin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

it may not see the group - I think this is a known issue, type the name of the group anyway and press enter.  vCAC will throw an error if it doesn't recognize the group name.  vCAC does not need to be able to "find" the group name in order to accept it.

0 Kudos
quantum_2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Right on brother !!!

the %100 sure way to get it to work is goto VCENTER right click on the group , copy to clipboard

paste to note pad , add the COMPLETE domain name to the group and paste it into the business group

so like this

USERGROUP@Baghdad.IRAQ.US.MIL  for example

WELL DONE AND THANKS!!!!!!

0 Kudos